I’ve been away from the blogosphere for quite a while now, and I’m not sure when I’m getting back. Let me tell you what’s going on, and a bulleted list seems the best way to do it.
1. We are now a family of four. Introducing the Butterfly…
Yes, she’s a cutie. She’s also a pretty happy baby nowadays, which is a pleasant change from her personality in China, which is adequately summed up in a single picture:
More on her soon.
2. I traded in Emily, my beloved ’99 Civic, for a big ol’ Ridgeline truck, on the grounds that Emily simply lacked sufficient room to secure two of the plastic-coated Abrams tanks that masquerade as car seats nowadays. The Ladybug quickly decided to call the new truck “Mater,” after the dilapidated tow truck from Cars:
You know, I do see the resemblance.
3. Along with my colleague Karen, I got tenure. (Thank you, Board of Regents!)
…but no raise. (You bastards.)
Of course, as my department chair likes to point out, tenure just means it takes two years for the administration to fire you, rather than one. Hooray for me.
4. Speaking of school, class is back in session. Here’s a cool, nontrivial math shirt from Shirt.Woot! to wear on the first day of class:
Coefficients forever, codependent never!
5. Wait a minute… class is back in session? What am I doing wasting time online?